Schedule of Events
7:30 - 8:30 a.m.
Breakfast and Registration
8:30 - 9:00 a.m.
CWIB President’s Welcome / Sponsors’ Welcome
9:00 - 9:10 a.m.
Opening Remarks by Vice-Dean Amir Ziv
Professor of Accounting, Columbia Business School
9:10 - 10:00 a.m.
Thirteenth Annual Distinguished Alumnae Award / Alumna Speech Toby Boshak, Executive Director of Princess Grace Foundation-USA
10:15 - 11:15 a.m.
Session I: Today's Business Trends
- Banking in High Heels: Top Women Executives Discuss How to Succeed on Wall Street
- Can I Have it All? Managing Work and Family Lives (Early Career)
- Isn't Money Green? Women Making a Difference with Their Careers
- New Media, New Challenges: Women in the Forefront of Music, Publishing, and Television
- Succession Planning: Women's New Role in Senior Management
11:15 - 11:35 a.m.
11:35 - 12:35 p.m.
Session II: In the Workplace
- Generations in the Workplace
- Being in the Majority: Leveraging Predominately Female Work Settings
- Developing Champions and Allies
- Drop Me a Line: Communicating in the Workplace
- Turning Conflict into Opportunity: Managing Difficult Relationships
12:45 - 2:45 p.m.
Luncheon and Networking
Remarks by CWIB Conference Co-Chairs, Jennifer Legenza, CBS ’09, and Lisa Kobashi, CBS ‘09, MBA Candidates
Keynote Address by Paula Kerger, President and CEO, PBS
3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Session III: Your Evolving Career
- "Changing Gears": The Search for Personal Fulfillment and Professional Success
- Changing Companies, Changing Times: Managing During Periods of Uncertainty
- Establishing and Growing a Women's Network
- Scotch, Golf, and Cigars: Breaking into the Men's Boardroom
- Stepping Out on Your Own: Lessons from Successful Entrepreneurs
4:45 - 6:30 p.m.
Networking and Cocktail Reception
This year’s CWIB Conference Networking and Cocktail Reception will feature gourmet wine, cheese, and hors d’oeuvres stations. Please join us immediately after the conference to network with new contacts and connect with old friends. Also, you will not want to miss the annual CWIB slideshow, live music, and the traditional CWIB cocktail!