Senior Partner and Managing Director - Global Leader Energy Practice, Boston Consulting Group
Ivan Marten is the leader of BCG's Energy practice. He has helped leading companies in the utilities, oil, and gas industries develop their strategic vision and implement it across thte organization. He is an expert in helping CEO's transform their companies by defining the change agenda and helping in the implementation.
He is also the Human Resources topic leader for the Organization practice. Ivan has a Ph.D. summa cum laude from the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid. His doctoral dissertation was awarded the Fundacion Universidad-Empresa prize. Ivan is a frequent speaker on organizational and energy related issues. He has helped different companies in the Power and Gas and Oil sectors to develop their strategic vision and the organization to support its implementation. He is an expert in helping CEO’s to transform the company by defining the change agenda and helping in the transformation.
- European Director of the Energy Practice until 2008
- Worldwide Topic Leader for Human Resources in the Organization Practice Area 2005-2008 and Head of the Madrid Office Organization Practice Area 1994-2008
- He joined BCG in the London Office in 1987 and was transferred to the Madrid Office in 1989
- He has extensive experience in energy sector projects (electricity, gas, oil and sustainable development) both for Spanish and multinational groups as well as for suppliers to the industry (electromechanical and engineering companies) and heavy users of energy (cement, steel, chemicals, ...). In these projects he has addressed strategic, organizational and operational issues
- He has helped governments and regulators in different countries on issues related with energy regulation and CO2/Sustainable Development
- He has managed numerous projects for local and multinational companies in organizational issues such as: Organizational Design and transformation, Cultural Change, Human Resources Platform, Post-merger integration, Outsourcing and Offshoring and Corporate Governance
- Member of the Advisory Board of several foundations, companies and educational institutions
- He is a frequent speaker on organizational and energy related issues and has authored a book on strategic planning and numerous articles on organization issues