Alumni & Career Relations
- Reaching out to companies interested in recruiting Columbia MBAs with a Latin American focus.
- Managing relations with the network of Columbia MBA Alumni in Latin America.
Our main activities:
- Compilation of LABA Resume Books and Member Lists to be distributed to potential recruiters.
- Coordination of recruiting and networking events with specific companies.
- Mentoring and information sessions for LABA members interested in pursuing careers in Latin America.
- Maintenance of Latin America alumni database for event coordination and helping put MBA students in touch with alumni from specific countries.
- Organized the Latin America Investment Banking Groups networking event in 2006 and 2007, only on campus event that allows LABA members to interact with multiple banks at once. Hosted Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, UBS, Deutsche Bank, Credit Suisse and Citibank Networking fireside chats with BCG South America and JP Morgan.
- Organized events with Credicorp, AB InBev, Banco Itau, Cencosud and other prominent firms in Latin America. These events resulted in students obtaining summer internships and full time jobs post-graduation.
- Organized dinners and networking cocktails with firms to provide opportunities with high exposure to key decision makers in the biggest firms in Latin America.